St Mary & St Nicholas Parish Church
This wonderful Italianate Basilica of SS Mary & Nicholas was erected to a design by TH Wyatt in 1840-1845 under the patronage of Catherine Woronzow and her son Sidney, Lord Herbert of Lea, 12th Earl of Pembroke.
For more information please contact; The Parish Office, West Street, Wilton, Salisbury SP2 )DL; Tel. 01722 742393; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Andrews Church, Bemerton, west of Salisbury
Dating back to at least the 14th century, this tiny village church was in the past a chapel-of-ease to the nearby parish of Fugglestone.
George Herbert (1593-1633), the distinguished poet, scholar and priest (and distant relation to the Earl of Pembroke) completed his days here as Rector of this small parish. The church was restored at Herbert’s cost in 1630. It was extensively repaired in 1776, and there were two further restorations in the 19th Century (1866 and 1894-6). Much work is still needed to maintain the fabric of the church.